Many people in life feel that they have a lack of confidence or that they have a low self-esteem.
In today’s article, I shall share with you some tips on how to improve your self-confidence and how to increase your self-esteem. I myself have managed to change my whole life by applying the information below. I hope they also prove to be beneficial for you.
Hi. I am Deborah Dent. I was always somebody who had many confidence issues as I grew up, from a child, through to adulthood. I would feel very sorry for myself and would often be down and depressed.
Certain people would take the mickey out of me, and their comments would hurt. I would always make sure they did not see my anger but inside I was crying.
These people were making my life a misery and by the age of twenty-two I had had enough. I decided I needed a big change in attitude and started to read books about life and about positive thinking etc.
These were the things I had to take on board:
- It is not important what other people think of you, it is what you think that counts.
- You need to start to like and love yourself.
- There may be various things about yourself that you do not like and cannot change. You therefore have to start accepting these things. Remind yourself that maybe there are other people in life who are more unfortunate than you.
- You need to have respect for yourself.
- Do not accept second best in life. Strive for the best.
- Be happy.
- Learn to relax.
- Treat yourself to some pleasures….like a regular massage or reflexology.
These are some of the ways that have helped me to become more positive and happier in life. There are plenty of ways to lift yourself. The first step is always the most crucial.
All the best and stay positive!